Water and sewer services are provided through the City of Wood Village.
Frequently asked questions:
- How much is the sewer bill?
Starting July 1st, Sewer charges will be billed every month at the following rates:
- Single Family Residential: A flat rate of $47.86
- Multi-Family Residential: A flat rate of $14.69 per unit+ $3.54 per 100 cu. ft.
- Commercial: A flat rate of $63.74 + $5.30 per 100 cu. ft.
- How much is the water bill?
Starting July 1st, Water charges will be billed every month at the following rates:
- Single Family Residential: A flat rate of $23.25 up to 400 cu. ft. After that the customer is charged $1.58 per 100 cu. ft.
- Multi-Family Residential: A flat rate of $22.27 up to 400 cu. ft per unit. After that the customer is charged $1.58 per 100 cu. ft.
- Commercial: A flat rate of $61.34 + $3.11 per 100 cu. ft.
- When is the utility bill due?
As soon as it is received.
- Are there any discounts for retired or disabled citizens?
Yes, please click Here to learn more about this program
- Are there any late charges that might accrue?
A late charge of 5% will apply 19 days after the billing date. Payments must be received prior to the date listed on the bill to avoid any late charges. A reminder notice WILL NOT be sent out.
- What happens if I forget to pay my bill?
A shut off notice will be sent out several days prior to the City shutting off service for non-payment. The shutoff day is typically the 20th of the following month. Payment arrangements can be made anytime BEFORE the shutoff day. If your service is shutoff for non-payment, you will be assessed a fee of $25 for shutting off the water service and a fee of $25 for restoring service. Both fees and the current balance with all penalties must be paid in full before service will be restored. There is also a fee of $250 for cutting a water meter lock or tampering with a water meter
- What is the billing cycle?
Billings are generated every month. For example, the bill you will receive on or around August 1st, covers the month of July.
- Where can I pay my bill?
Payments are accepted from 8am to 4:30 pm at the City Hall front office. A drop box is located by the flagpole on the South side of the building for after hours payments. You can also pay your bill 24/7 using our online bill pay system by clicking the “click to make a payment” box on the top right of the screen.
- What are the payment options?
Cash, check, money orders and all major credit/debit cards (online only). You can also have your bill automatically deducted from your checking or saving account each month. Please click here for the ACH Direct Payment authorization form.
- Who do I notify to close my account?
Call Wood Village City Hall at 503-667-6211. Please notify us as soon as possible of the date you want to close your account. This will help insure that our public works crew is available to read the meter on the day you have requested, so that you will not be charged for any services that might accrue after you move out.
- Will I receive a closing bill on my account?
Transportation and Storm Water Utility Fee
The City’s Transportation and Storm-water Utility Fee is billed along with the water and sewer invoice. Commercial accounts are billed based on their traffic count, and residential rates can be found below:
- What will my fee be for the street and drainage utility?
For a single family residence, the bill will be $7.33 per month. For apartments and condominiums, the fee is $5.00 per month per unit. Mobile homes are $3.77 per month per unit. Commercial uses will receive billing based on traffic generation. All commercial accounts will receive a letter identifying their land use category, traffic generation estimate, and anticipated billing amount. Please note, these rates are set to increase on July 1, 2013.