We are pleased that you have chosen to locate your business in our community. Feel free to stop by City Hall to become acquainted with your City management.
The first step in becoming a business member is to apply for a business license. Click HERE for more information on Business License requirements. After a fire inspection, you will be issued a Certificate of Occupancy that entitles you to do business. If you have a home-based business, you must also get a home occupation license in addition to a business license; however, there will be no fire inspection. Click Here for information regarding installing and using alarm systems within the City.
If your business operates in multiple communities (such as cleaning services or landscaping contractors), you must have a Wood Village business license, but you can also get a Metro business license which allows you to avoid purchasing a business license in every jurisdiction within which you operate. For more information, click HERE.
Don’t forget to post information about your business on the City’s webpage. We receive over 2,000 unique hits per month on our page, and we want to share your business information with our web visitors. Please click Here for more information.
Services provided by the City of Wood Village include:
- Water, Sanitary and Storm Sewer, Street Maintenance, Street Lighting, Planning and Zoning, Building Permits, and Parks and Recreation.
- The City provides police services through a contract with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and fire service through a contract with the City of Gresham Fire Department.
- The City does not provide garbage and recycling, phone service, electricity or gas. To find out more about accessing these services click HERE.
- The City also does not provide schools in Wood Village. Click HERE for school information.
- Free Mediation Services – Click Here to learn more.
You are welcome to attend all of the regularly scheduled monthly meetings at City Hall:
City Council Meetings
The second Tuesday of each month at 6 PM
The last Monday of each month at 6 PM (check calendar to confirm)
Although our zip code is the same as Troutdale’s, we encourage our citizens to use “Wood Village Oregon 97060” as your mailing address. Wood Village is an incorporated City and we like to proudly identify our true location.
Again, welcome to our City. We look forward to serving you and encourage your active participation in City government. To find out more about our volunteer opportunities, click HERE.